Down South Liverpool Magazine
While living on the world-famous Penny Lane, I founded this publication to connect and support the vibrant community of South Liverpool.
- Quarterly print publication
- News website
- Regular event schedule
- Cross platform social media presence
- From zero start-up funding to profit by edition two
I did everything for this baby, except the graphic design – from inexpertly sketching the original logo in my notepad, to walking the streets on delivery duty, forming great relationships with my customers and vendors.
With the help of a team of freelance contributors and designers, I turned an idea into a full-service, cross platform marketing solution for local organisations:
- Writing ad copy
- Planning and writing features
- Hosting regular events and training sessions
- Building an engaged social media following
- Developing online, offline and social integrated campaigns, with consultancy for each customer
No advertiser was ever under contract but most stayed with the publication for years, renewing month-on-month, because the combination of consultancy, affordable advertising and custom copywriting proved hugely successful for their business.
I never did a day of sales for this magazine. It met a need and the network grew organically.
Ultimately, I sold the brand as a going concern. An evolved online offering exists to this day.
My first child is all grown up.